Acta Geologica Slovaca (AGEOS) is an international peer-reviewed journal published by the Comenius University in Bratislava and is available both in printed and open-access electronic version. It accepts original research papers, review articles, and short contributions from the all branches of geology (e.g., geophysics, geochemistry, hydrogeology, engineering geology, geology of deposits, mineralogy, palaeontology, petrology, sedimentology, stratigraphy, structural geology, tectonic geomorphology, tectonics, and related fields). The papers are written in English, Slovak or Czech. However, the papers written in Slovak and Czech contain an extended English summary. The AGEOS ensures objective and fair peer review of the manuscript by 3 referees. The identity of the referees can be left to their discretion. The final decision concerning the acceptance or rejection of a paper rests with the Editorial Board and acceptance is based on quality alone. Articles accepted for publication are usually published in order of submission.
Acta geologica Slovaca was established in June 2009 and replaced the Acta Geologica Universitatis Comenianae magazine which publishing was cancelled in 2007. The journal is supported by the departments of the Geological Section, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava.
Acta Geologica Slovaca appears twice a year. An on-line version of the journal is located on the website of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Bratislava:
ISSN: 1338-0044; E-ISSN: 1338-5674
PUBLISHER: Comenius University in Bratislava
EDITOR ADDRESS: Acta Geologica Slovaca, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Mlynská dolina pav. G, 842 15 Bratislava
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: Michal Kováč, Department of Geology and Palaeontology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava, Mlynská dolina pav. G, 842 15 Bratislava; phone: +421-2-60296555, fax: +421-2-60296214, e-mail: kovacm[at]fns.uniba.sk
EXECUTIVE EDITOR: Rastislav Vojtko, Department of Geology and Palaeontology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava, Mlynská dolina pav. G, 842 15 Bratislava; phone: +421-2-60296212, fax: +421-2-60296214, e-mail: vojtko[at]fns.uniba.sk
GRAPHIC DESIGN: Palo & Janka Bálik
WEB DESIGN: Rastislav Vojtko
ELECTRONIC VERSION: Rastislav Vojtko
PRINT: REMPrint Ltd., Pezinská 1, 831 02 Bratislava
Acta Geologica Slovaca (AGEOS) is an Open Access journal. This journal is free, you can redistribute, read, download, copy, print, search, or link to the full texts of articles. Acta Geologica Slovaca (AGEOS) is abstracted/indexed in:
- Scopus is the world’s largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature with smart tools that track, analyze and visualize research;
- Zoological Record/ISI, the bibliographic database produced by the Thomson Reuters;
- The Master Journal List which includes all journal titles covered in Scientific products of the Thomson Reuters;
- GeoRef, the bibliographic database produced by the American Geoscience Institute;
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), maintained by Lund University Libraries;
- Academic Journals Database (Academic Journals Database is a universal index of periodical literature covering basic research from all fields of knowledge);
- Open J-Gate which is an electronic gateway to global journal literature in open access domain hosted by Informatics (India) Ltd.
- Electronic Journals Library, The Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek EZB (Electronic Journals Library) is a service to facilitate the use of scholarly journals on the internet;
- Geoscience e-Journals webring.
- The list of periodicals (The Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic); registration number: EV 3721/09.
- Juraj Littva & Jozef Hók: Neotectonics of the Inner Western Carpathians: Liptovský Ján area, case study (northern slopes of the Nízke Tatry Mts., Slovakia)
AGEOS 2013, Vol. 5, Issue 2
- Kamil Fekete & Rastislav Vojtko: Neotectonic activity of the Pravno fault in the area of the Žiar Mts.
- Jozef Hók, Ondrej Pelech & Zuzana Slobodova: Kinematic analysis of the Veporicum and Hronicum rock complexes within the Sklené Teplice pre-Neovolcanic horst basement (Central Slovakia Neogene volcanic field)
- Csaba Tóth & Matúš Hyžný: Prodeinotherium bavaricum (Proboscidea, Mammalia) from the Middle Miocene tuffaceous sediments near Svinná (Danube Basin, Slovakia)
- Zlinská A. & Gross P.: Age and lithology determination in the Handlovská kotlina Basin Palaeogene deposits, based on the FGHn-1 (Handlová) well reinterpretation
- Ondrej Ďurža, Edgar Hiller, Lucia Lachká & Roman Tóth: Soil magnetic susceptibility and contamination of soils from kindergartens areas by potentially toxic elements in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Daniel Pivko & Viera Sláviková: Natural stones and types of tombstones in National cemetery in Martin from half of the 19th to half of the 20th century
- Rudolf Tornyai & Martin Dunčko: Using Bivariate and multivariate analysis to assess landslide hazard in Kysuce region (Western Carpathians)
- Ján Kráľ, Jozef Hók, Robert Bachliński & Ján Ivanička: Rb/Sr and 40Ar/39Ar data from crystalline basement rocks of the Považský Inovec Mts. (Western Carpathians)
- AGEOS 2013, Vol. 5, Issue 2
- AGEOS 2013, Vol. 5, Issue 1
- AGEOS 2012, monograph
- AGEOS 2012, Vol. 4, Issue 2
- AGEOS 2012, Vol. 4, Issue 1
- AGEOS 2011, Vol. 3, Issue 2
- AGEOS 2011, Vol. 3, Issue 1
- AGEOS 2010, Vol. 2, Issue 2
- AGEOS 2010, Vol. 2, Issue 1
- AGEOS 2009, Vol. 1, Issue 2
- AGEOS 2009, Vol. 1, Issue 1
- Total: 33402
- This year: 2603
- This month: 451
- This week: 94